Turmeric recipes is a deep orange root from India that is used as a spice in a lot of eastern dishes. When it comes to eating healthy, spices are many times ignored. So if you want to modify the health advantages of the nutrients you’re already eating while adding more interest to your meals, head to the spice rack.In the spice world, turmeric is the gold traditional when it comes to medicinal properties — both in Eastern and Western medicine.
Sadly, few people know how to use it and make it taste delicious. For sure, it has a unique taste that’s not as available as cinnamon or some of the other spices you may be used too. It can range from fairly small to slightly bitter and severe like the yellow Indian turmeric that you find in curry powder.
But even if you’re not a big fan of its taste, the great news is that turmeric recipes combines well with almost any other flavour like cinnamon, black pepper and ginger — and tends to be a bit of a chameleon based of the flavour you mix in!
Amazing Turmeric Recipes – The Wonder Spice Your Body Needs
Turmeric Milk Recipe – (Haldi Doodh)
- an inch piece of turmeric root, grated or 1 teaspoon of turmeric powder
- 220 ml of milk
- honey/ sugar to taste
- optionally freshly pounded black pepper
How to make the Recipe:
- To begin making the Turmeric Milk (Haldi Doodh), bring the grated turmeric and milk to boil for a couple of minutes. Once it boils, turn off and permit the turmeric milk mixture to rest covered for a couple of more minutes. This will bring out the essential medicines and color from the turmeric.
- After a couple of minutes of resting, strain the milk from the turmeric into a glass, stir in sugar / honey and black pepper and serve the Turmeric Milk while still hot.
- Note: If you are using turmeric powder, you just have to boil the milk with the powder, add in the sugar/ honey and serve as it is. You don’t have to strain the milk.
Turmeric Recipes Rice – A nice golden color
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 1/2 chopped onion
- 2 minced garlic clove
- 1 cup basmati rice
- 1/2tablespoon turmeric
- 1 cups chicken broth
- bay leaf
- 2 drop thyme
- salt and pepper
How to make the Recipe
- Melt 1 tbsp butter in saucepan, add onion and garlic, cook until softened.
- Add rice and turmeric; stir to coat.
- Add lasting materials, bring to boil, cover and cook 17 minutes.
- Stir in remaining butter, remove bay leaf, serve.
Turmeric Egg Salad Sandwich
- 5 hard boiled eggs – skinned and cut in half
- 1/4 cup plain yogurt
- 1/2 tsp of Spice’s ground turmeric
- 1/2 small red onion – chopped
- 1 tbsp chives (optional)
- Cucumber slices
- Salt and black pepper to taste
How to make the recipe:
- In a bowl, combine mayonnaise, salt, and ground turmeric. Mix well.
- Use a fork to mash the hard boiled eggs to your desired texture, then add in red onion (and chives), and stir in the mayonnaise mix.
- Serve on toast or soft whole grain bread. Place cucumber slices on top and sprinkle with freshly ground black pepper.
Turmeric Soup Recipe
- 1 teaspoon turmeric powder
small piece of ginger, chopped
- ½ cup coconut milk
- 1 cup water
- 1 teaspoon oil
- ½ cup cabbage, chopped
- ¼ cup kale, chopped
salt to taste
- Heat oil in a pan; add cabbage, ginger and sauté for 2 minutes.
- Mix 1 cup of water and boil for 5 minutes until cabbage is soft.
- Add salt, turmeric and coconut milk and let is simmer for 5 minutes
- Serve hot, garnish with chopped kale leaves.
Roasted Turmeric Cauliflower
- 1 head of organic cauliflower
- 2 tablespoon olive oil [or coconut oil]
- 1 tablespoon turmeric
- Pinch of cumin
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Chop cauliflower head into florets.
- Place cauliflower into a roasting dish. Add olive oil, turmeric, cumin, and salt then blend together.
- Cover baking dish with foil to keep florets from drying out and roast for about 35-40 minutes.
- Then, remove foil and cook for another 15 minutes.
Submit your review