Garcinia cambogia (Hydroxycitric Acid) is the latest weight loss supplement. It is understand to work so well that the prominent Dr.Oz has advocated for it, calling it the “Holy Grail of weight loss”. Despite this, many people are skeptical; after all, how much times have we exposed the “Holy Grail” only to reluctantly concede later that it wasn’t the one? To make sure that we can make a sound conclusion about whether or not this normal weight loss supplement works, we have put together a complete review that looks into all its aspects.
What is Garcinia Cambogia (Hydroxycitric Acid)?
Garcinia cambogia (Hydroxycitric Acid) is the earlier scientific name of a tropical kind of plant called Garcinia gummi-gutta. Garcinia gummi-gutta is simply a tropical species of Garcinia subelliptica tree native to Indonesia and Southeast Asia. Traditionally, due to its strong sour flavour and overall bitterness.
There is also medical literature that discusses in-depth about it pro-digestive features and ability to medication and treat bowel movement complaints and parasites (this is where the weight loss languaging might have started).
Although the term “Garcinia cambogia” is no longer used by the methodical group, it’s the primary term used by the nutritional supplement community. Other names for this fruit contain brindleberry, Malabar tamarind, and kudam puli.
The Garcinia cambogia(Hydroxycitric Acid) fruit itself looks like a little pumpkin. It typically features a greenish, pale yellow color and has wrinkled, grooved skin. In terms of size, it’s anywhere among an orange and grapefruit.
How does it work?
There are 2 main ways that this extract works to help decrease weight.
- The first thing that it does is to suppress appetite. For someone who is looking to lose weight, this is helpful in 2 ways: they eat less, and because they are eating less but still have to continue to supply their bodies with energy, they are in fact aiding the body to break down fat cells.
- The second way it works is by obstructive an enzyme called citrate lyase which is the one responsible for converting carbohydrates into fats and sugars. This means that any fat that is spent never actually gets to make it to the cells but rather is expelled with the rest of the waste. It happens to be a highly effective method of losing weight – you can lose several pounds in a month.
The current question, of course, is whether there is any scientific backing to these claims. Indeed there is. Garcinia cambogia contains HCA which, in a lab setting, has proven to decrease appetite and stop the fascination of fat from food.
Health Advantages of Garcinia Cambogia
Now, there are two different types of health Advantages of Garcinia cambogia.
According to a study, Garcinia cambogia is rich with compounds like calcium, phosphorus. But, many of the weight loss benefits of Garcinia cambogia are said to come from the rind of the fruit, which contains a compound called hydroxycitric acid (HCA).
Ultimately, the rumored health advantages of garcinia cambogia include:
- Weight Loss
- Appetite Suppression
- Decreased Risk Of Heart Disease And Better Cardiovascular Health
- Reduced Risk Of Diabetes
- Diminished Fat Buildup And Reduced Abdominal Fat
- Better Metabolism
- Reduced Risk Of Ulcers
- Healthier Digestion
These are some health advantages of Garcinia cambogia. Below, we’ll see if any of those health benefits come with real scientific evidence.
How to Use Garcinia Cambogia
If you’re choosing Garcinia cambogia for its weight loss advantages. Typically, Its comes in capsule form. When taking this capsules with a glass of water. The recommended dose is among 500mg to 1000mg, so you may need to take multiple capsules.
Garcinia Cambogia Side Effects
There are 2 reasons: one is because it does have side effects and the another is because the people who conversation about these side effects do not supply complete information.
Here are some of the side effects of garcinia cambogia
- People have described headaches and stomach upsets, but this seems to be from one brand only.
- Some people talk of a fine skin rash that develops a few days after they start buying the product.
- Some people have reported fatty stools – nothing that requires medical attention, just the notion of it is uncomfortable for some.
Garcinia cambogia has proven to be a safe, well-tolerated oral supplement. Participants have described some minor side effects from it, containing nausea, digestive tract discomfort, and headaches.
If you’re suffering painful after ingesting Garcinia cambogia, then it’s probably not Garcinia cambogia that’s causing the problems. Instead, it’s low- class pharmaceutical companies adding dangerous filler ingredients to their formulations
Submit your review