Drinking water benefits: when it occurrs to you that you are thirsty? Guess what – by the time you experience the sensation of the thirst, you are already dehydrated. That thirst is your body calling for re-hydration.
Your body is composed of roughly 60% water. That means when we are dehydrated – and most of us spend our days constantly dehydrated to some degree – we are affecting the performance of the majority of our body. Nearly all of our systems do not function as well without the proper water intake.
So, it means really? Why should we drink more water?
- If you don’t drink water, you will die. It’s that important. Depending on our environment, we can live only a few days without water – maybe a week. We can live much longer without food. For most of us, we should prioritize the consumption of water far more than we currently do.
- Prevent cancer. Yes, that’s right – various research says staying hydrated can reduce risk of colon cancer by 45%, bladder cancer by 50%, and possibly reduce breast cancer risk as well.
- Be less cranky. Research says dehydration can affect your mood and make you grumpy and confused. Think clearer and be happier by drinking more water.
- Perform better. Proper hydration contributes to increased athletic performance. Water composes 75% of our muscle tissue! Dehydration can lead to weakness, fatigue, dizziness, and electrolyte imbalance.
- Lose weight. Sometimes we think we are hungry, when actually we are thirsty. Our body just starts turning on all the alarms when we ignore it. For those of you trying to drop some pounds, staying hydrated can serve as an appetite suppressant and help with weight loss.
- Have less joint pain. Drinking water can reduce pain in your joints by keeping the cartilage soft and hydrated. This is actually how glucosamine helps reduce joint pain, by aiding in cartilage’s absorption of water.
- Flush out waste and bacteria. Our digestive system needs water to function properly. Waste is flushed out in the form of urine and sweat. If we don’t drink water, we don’t flush out waste and it collects in our body causing a myriad of problems. Also combined with fiber, water can cure constipation.
- Prevent headaches. Sometimes headaches can be caused by dehydration, so drinking water can prevent or alleviate that nasty head pain. Next time your head hurts, try Drinking water benefits.
- Make your skin glow. Our skin is the largest organ in our body. Regular and plentiful water consumption can improve the color and texture of your skin by keeping it building new cells properly. Drinking water benefits also helps the skin do it’s job of regulating the body’s temperature through sweating.
- Feed your body. Water is essential for the proper circulation of nutrients in the body. Water serves at the body’s transportation system and when we are dehydrated things just can’t get around as well.
Drinking water benefits : Top Reasons We Need To Drink Water
- Water is the substance of life. Life cannot exist without water. We must constantly be adding fresh water to our body in order to keep it properly hydrated. We can only survive 4 to 10 days without water.
- The body is comprised of 70–75% water and this ratio must be maintained for good health. This is the most important element we put into our body. Dehydration can occur at any time of the year, not only during the hot summer months. The dryness that occurs during winter can dehydrate the body even quicker than when it’s hot. Many victims of diseases such as cholera die primarily as a result of dehydration, not from the disease itself.
- It is difficult for the body to get water from any other source than water itself. Soft drinks and alcohol steal tremendous amounts of water from the body and hinder proper digestion of the high levels of sugar. Even other beverages such as coffee, milk and juice act similarly.
- Water plays a vital role in nearly every bodily function. Since the blood is 90% – 96% water and the brain consists of about 96% water, one should only drink the best quality water.
- Water is essential for proper circulation in the body and vital to every cell.
- Water helps remove toxins from the body, in particular from the digestive tract. Acidosis is the body’s worst enemy.
- Water regulates the body’s cooling system.
Quick rules of thumb for drinking water
- Drink half your bodyweight in litres of water (if you weight 60 kgs, drink 3 Litres of water each day).
- Carry a bottle everywhere with you as a reminder to keep drinking.
- Eat raw fruits and vegetables – they are dense in water. You can get water from food, not just from beverages.
- Drink water and other fluids until you urinate frequently and with light color.
Submit your review