Chicken Biryani Recipe
In India, the everlasting favorite for a special Sunday lunch or a party dish is certainly a perfectly layered Chicken Biryani, dum cooked to perfection! And it’s a visual pleasure too – a beautiful collection of long-grained rice, tender chicken and spices studded with fresh mint and coriander, topped with browned onions and boiled egg slices. Chicken biryani recipe is a good quality protein and when combined with rice, herbs, spices and yogurt, it makes a well and filling one pot meal – like typical chicken dum biryani should be. Just serve it piping hot basically with a raita and salad or kachumber and wait for all the praises coming your way! Following are the chicken biryani recipe:
- 750 gm sliced chicken
- 1 cup crushed corn flour
- 1 teaspoon garlic paste
- 4 tablespoon chopped green chilli
- 1 handful sliced spring onions
- 4 pinches salt
- 1/2 cup tomato pulp
- 1 tablespoon sliced coriander leaves
- 2 teaspoon garam masala powder
- 1 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 cup basmati rice
- 1 teaspoon ginger paste
- 4 cup sliced onion
- 4 tablespoon vinegar
- 1 cup sunflower oil
- 3 tablespoon crumpled to paste cashews
- 1 tablespoon ghee
- 2 cup bean curd
- 2 teaspoon Red chilli powder
- 1/2 teaspoon turmeric
Chicken Biryani Recipe
- Step 1
Clean and rinse chicken. Mingle all the marinade ingredients and rub all above the chicken pieces. Hold aside for 10 to 20 minutes.
- Step 2
Heat a pan with oil in it over modest flame. Add the ginger garlic paste and onions.
- Step 3
Saute fine for 3 to 4 minutes or till onions turn light golden brown. Add the cashewnut paste, tomato pulp and poppy seeds.
- Step 4
Stir fine and simmer for a minute or two. Add the marinated chicken pieces and cover the pot with a cover.
- Step 5
Decrease flame to low and cook till the chicken is tender. Drain the rice below cold running water and keep away till all water has drained.
- Step 6
Pressure cook till 3/4th is done and detach. Heat a large, deep pan over little flame.
- Step 7
Spread a coat of rice at the lowest followed by a layer of the chicken. Repeat till all the rice and chicken have been used up, finishing up with a coating of rice on topmost.
- Step 8
Scatter the saffron strands with the milk and ghee on topmost. Cover the pan with a firm fitting lid and cook for 45 to 60 minutes.
- Step 9
Remove when the rice is prepared and chicken pieces are tender.
- Step 10
Gradually fluff up the rice using a fork and garnish with the fried onions.
- Step 11
Serve hot with raita or curd of your choice.
Indian Chicken Biryani
- 1 big chicken chopped into medium pieces
- 750 gms basmati rice, soaked for half an hour
- 1 cup oil or ghee
- 4 onions, finely chopped
- 2 green chili
- 2 tbsp ginger garlic paste
- 5-6 small tomatoes, finely sliced
- 1 Bay leaf
- 4 cloves
- 2 one cinnamon sticks
- 4 cardamom
- 1/2 tsp jeera
- 2 teaspoon red chili powder
- 1 tsp coriander powder
- 2 cup yogurt
- salt to taste
- 2 tbsp lemon juice
- coriander leaves finely sliced
- mint leaves or pudina, finely chopped
METHOD FOR MAKING INDIAN CHICKEN BIRYANI
- Heat oil or ghee in a big pan and add the bay leaf, cloves, cinnamon sticks, cardamom, jeera and green chili and fry for 30 seconds.
- Add onions & fry till golden brown.
- Add the ginger garlic paste and saute for another 30 seconds. And add the red chili powder, coriander powder, tomato, chicken, salt and yogurt. Cook till chicken is done and the oil start leaving the edges of the pan.
- Mix in the lemon juice, coriander leaves & mint leaves. Switch off the flame & set away this yakhni while you get the rice prepared.
- Boil adequate water in a big vessel to cook the rice. Add salt and a tbsp of oil to the water. Oil supports to keep the rice seperate. Add rice to the hot water.
- Cook rice to 70%
- Add rice to the yakhni. Do not mix. Add a teaspoon of ghee on topmost rice.
- Cover with foil and close the lid. The foil do not let the steam leak.
- Place on a tawa on cook on low heat for 15 min
- Mix the rice & gravy softly before serving.
- 4 teaspoon vegetable oil
- 4 small potatoes, peeled and sliced
- 2 big onions, finely sliced
- 2 cloves garlic
- 1 tablespoon crushed fresh ginger root
- 1/2 tsp chili powder
- 1/2 tsp ground turmeric
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp ground black pepper
- 2 tomatoes, peeled and sliced
- 2 tablespoons plain yogurt
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- 2 tablespoons sliced fresh mint leaves
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cardamom
- 1 piece cinnamon stick
- 3 pounds boneless, skinless chicken pieces
- 2 1/2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 big onion
- 1 pinch crushed saffron
- 5 pods cardamom
- 3 full cloves
- 1 piece cinnamon stick
- 1/2 tsp ground ginger
- 1 pound basmati rice
- 4 cups chicken stock
- 1 1/2 tsp salt
- Add all ingredients to list
- In a large pan, in 2 tablespoons vegetable oil, fry potatoes until brown, drain and reserve the potatoes. Add 2 tablespoons oil to the pan and fry onion, garlic and ginger until onion is soft & golden. Add chilli, pepper, cumin, turmeric, salt and the tomatoes. Fry continuously for 5 minutes. Add yogurt, cardamom, mint and cinnamon stick. Top and cook over low heat, stirring till the tomatoes are cooked to a pulp. It is essential to add a little hot water if the mixture becomes too dry and starts to stick to the pan.
- When the mixture is thick & smooth, add the chicken pieces and stir to coat them with the spice combination. Cover and cook over very low heat until the chicken is sore, around 35 to 45 minutes. There should be a little thick gravy left when chicken is finished cooking. If required cook uncovered for a few minutes to decrease the gravy.
- Wash rice well and drain for at least 30 minutes.
- In a big pan, heat vegetable oil and fry the onions until they are golden. Add saffron, cardamom, cinnamon stick, cloves, ginger and rice.
- In a pot, heat the chicken stock and salt. When the mixture is hot pour it over the rice & stir well. Add the chicken mixture and the potatoes; softly mix them into the rice. Take to boil. Cover the saucepan strongly, turn heat to very low & steam for 20 minutes. Do not lift lid or stir while cooking.
Submit your review