Ginger is a fleshy spice which is brown in color. Ginger tea benefits has a pungent smell and a very hot taste. Drinking a cup of ginger tea before travelling can help prevent the nausea and vomiting associated with motion sickness. You can also drink a cuppa at the first sign of nausea to relieve the symptom. Useful in improving digestion and increasing absorption of food, ginger tea can bloating after eating too much.
Ginger can also be used to make tea that contains many vitamins and minerals like Vitamin C and magnesium. This can be taken with lemon juice, honey or peppermint. It is also known as ‘Adrak Chai’ in Hindi, ‘Allam Tea’ in Telugu, and ‘Inji Tea’ in Tamil.
Let us quickly look at some of the benefits of ginger tea, a wonderful gift of nature:
Amazing Ginger Tea Benefits for Health
Cough And Cold
Drink a cup of ginger tea benefits if you frequently suffer from cough and a runny nose. This helps to loosen phlegm and relax the respiratory system. It imparts warmness to the body and leaves you feeling fresh.
Drink a cup of ginger tea to boost your mood and stay refreshed and calm. Ginger tea is a proven stress reliever due to its relaxing scent.
Take ginger tea is beneficial in case of asthma. Ginger helps to loosen phlegm and expand the lungs, which in turn helps to recover from difficult breathing. It also reduces allergies.
It can help in soothing nerves. This is useful to prevent vomiting, headaches and migraines. So, It is also useful to get rid of a jet lag after a long trip.
Ginger tea plays an integral role in the process of losing weight and living a positive life. It is a fat burner that burns excess fat and does not affect the general weight. Ginger tea can help you feel full which helps to reduce your calories and shed weight.
How To Make Ginger Tea
Now let’s learn how to make ginger tea:
- Ginger Root – Fresh and about 3 ounces
- Water – Boiled and approximately 3 cups
- Honey/Maple Syrup/ Brown Sugar – to taste
- Lemon Juice – Optional for taste
- Apple – Optional for taste
Tips For The Preparation
- Store the leftover ginger tea in the refrigerator and drink it as ginger iced tea. because, This is also a perfect drink to serve the guests with especially those who are health conscious.
- Mix the ginger with peppermint to get a far better taste.
- The ratio is a perfect cup of tea is three teaspoons of grated ginger and a cup of boiling water.
- To give it a spicy twist, add a pinch of cinnamon powder to it.
- Do not add sweeteners if you have a particular health goal to meet or some disease to cure.
Side Effects Of Ginger Tea
- Ginger tea can cause restlessness and sleeplessness.
- Gallstones patients should not drink ginger tea.
- Hence, Avoid ginger tea during pregnancy.
- Avoid ginger tea on an empty stomach, as it can cause stomach upset.
- Overdose can cause diarrhea, irritation, nausea, and heartburn.
Submit your review